In the past two months, Delaware North has opened five of its eight planned food service concepts at Auckland Airport in New Zealand. The company recently debuted 400 Gradi, Better Burger and Mexico, to go along with the August openings of Best Ugly Bagels and Orleans Chicken & Waffles.
Here is an overview of the new concepts:
- 400 Gradi – Internationally awarded celebrity chef Johnny Di Francesco brings his wood-fired Neapolitan pizza and pasta.
- Better Burger – Auckland’s rising star burger concept made with fresh New Zealand produce at great value pricing.
- Mexico – With the color and vibrancy of its namesake nation, Mexico celebrates the delicious, fresh and lighter side of Mexican cuisine.
- Best Ugly Bagels – Celebrity chef Al Brown’s famous Montreal-style bagel concept will be delivered at two outlets (servicing the domestic and international terminals).
- Orleans Chicken & Waffles – New Orleans-inspired southern fried chicken and waffles, quick-service restaurant style.
“Situated airside (after airport security), 400 Gradi offers a carefully selected menu showcasing some all-time favorites,” travel blog eGlobal said of 400 Gradi in a post this week. “Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, the menu includes freshly baked pastries and an array of poached egg breakfast dishes for the early risers, plus 400 Gradi’s traditional mouth-watering pasta, world-famous pizza and sweet touches to finish – it’s definitely a menu worth arriving three hours early for!”
Three additional concepts – Tea Garden by Dilmah, Blue Marble Lane and Oma Artisan Bakery & Café – are set to open in the coming months. And a second location of Best Ugly Bagels is in the works.