In early spring, as the COVID-19 pandemic shut down in-person dining at restaurants, Delaware North’s Patina Restaurant Group shifted its operations to provide food and resources for frontline workers in Southern California, New York City and Buffalo, N.Y.
- Patina Restaurant Group’s West Coast operations provided two refrigerator delivery trucks to Union Station Homeless Services in San Gabriel Valley, Calif., for the organization’s twice-weekly meal preparation and delivery service.
- Naples 45 Ristorante e Pizzeria in New York City delivered free pizzas to the New York City Fire Department (FDNY), New York Police Department (NYPD), Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) Police and United States Postal Service (USPS).
- Patina Restaurant Group’s team from Ray’s and Stark Bar delivered pizzas to emergency room and intensive care unit nurses at Cedar Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
- Tangata Restaurant partnered with the Bowers Museum and Mariners Church to cook, prep and deliver hundreds of meals to hospitals in Orange County, Calif.
- Patina 250, located at Delaware North’s global headquarters in Buffalo, served hundreds of meals daily to employees of St. Joseph Campus in Cheektowaga, N.Y. The campus – part of the Catholic Health System – in March was converted into Western New York’s first dedicated COVID-19 treatment facility.
- Patina Restaurant Group’s West Coast operations donated pizzas to The Hollywood Food Coalition, serving the homeless and at-risk population of Hollywood, Calif.
- Patina Restaurant Group’s West Coast culinary team prepared and delivered 1,200 meals to frontline workers at Ontario International Airport, where Delaware North operates a variety of food and beverage services. The meals went to delivery personnel who worked tirelessly to get Delaware North and Patina Restaurant Group its products for nearby operations.
- Jake ’s Cafe in Buffalo worked with BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York to send snack packs and breakfast sandwiches to the frontline employees at the Erie County Department of Health, Twin City Ambulance, Buffalo Police Department and City of Buffalo Firefighters.