The Delaware North Sportservice team at Little Caesars Arena, home of the Detroit Red Wings, hosted the “Taste of NHL” last week for approximately 150 guests. The exclusive food tasting event featured dishes from eight NHL arenas where Delaware North operates foodservice.
The featured dishes included:
- Seattle Kraken (Climate Pledge Arena): Kraken Potato. Bacon poprock potato. Baked russet, thinly sliced like a scalloped potato, topped with cheese sauce, smoked bacon and carbonated sugar.
- Tampa Bay Lightning (Amalie Arena): Deviled Crab Croquettes. Made with a dough wrapping, spiced blue crab filling, flash fried with Old Bay Remoulade.
- New York Islanders (UBS Arena): Italian Ribbon Sausage Sandwich. New York-style Italian rope sausage, sliced in long, thin ribbons, soaked in a savory broth and placed in a fresh roll.
- Detroit Red Wings (Little Caesars Arena): Chicken Shawarma Nachos. Chicken Shawarma served on top of pita chips, white garlic sauce, lettuce and tomato.
- Buffalo Sabres (KeyBank Center): Beef on Weck. Made with roast beef on a kimmelweck roll. The meat is served rare, thin cut, with the top bun getting a dip in au jus and spread with horseradish.
- Boston Bruins (TD Garden): White Clam Pizza. Fresh chopped clams with shaved potatoes, smoked bacon, leeks, mozzarella and thyme on pizza dough.
- Columbus Blue Jackets (Nationwide Arena): The Hockey Puck. Chocolate cake resembling a hockey puck, filled with a white creamy frosting, covered in chocolate and finished with a Blue Jacket logo.
- Nashville Predators (Bridgestone Arena): Nashville Hot Chicken. Portion of marinated chicken, floured, fried and covered in a sauce that has been spiced with cayenne pepper.
The event was made possible by Little Caesars Arena associates and executive chefs from across Sportservice.