During the initial reopening phase, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex will begin new measures and procedures in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) recommendations. This includes opening with limited attendance and encouraging advance daily admission purchases; requiring face coverings and temperature screenings for employees and guests; accommodating social distancing in queues, restaurants, and other facilities throughout the visitor complex; and implementing increased frequency of sanitization and disinfection.
During the initial reopening, a limited-time “Explore Today, Explore Tomorrow” package, which will include daily admission, parking and a complimentary ticket to return to the visitor complex in 2021, will be $29.99 for adults and $24.99 for children. Operating hours will be 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
As always, the health and safety of employees and guests is the highest priority for Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
To reinforce guests’ health and safety:
- A limited number of attractions and services will be available during this initial, reopening phase.
- All guests will undergo a temperature screening upon arrival.
- The Kennedy Space Center Bus Tour will not be available due to social distancing guidelines.
- Face coverings will be required for employees and guests. Face coverings will be available for purchase at the front entrance.
- New physical-distancing measures will be in place.
- All guests are required to have a timed ticket, including annual passholders. Advance ticket purchases are strongly encouraged to ensure entry due to limited capacity.
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex will continue the comprehensive and extensive availability of hand sanitizer throughout the park, as well as the increased routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces in the workplace and at workstations, countertops, doorknobs and ticket counters.
Guests will also be able to purchase a space expert-led walking tour through Heroes & Legends featuring the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, the Rocket Garden, Nature and Technology, Journey to Mars: Explorers Wanted, NASA Now, Space Shuttle Atlantis®, Astronaut Training Experience®. This tour, which will be limited to small groups, costs $49.99 and includes admission and a boxed lunch.
Leadership will continue to assess the situation and make adjustments to the availability of exhibits, tours and experiences as deemed safe and appropriate. To help protect against the spread of COVID-19 and help ensure guest and employee safety, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex has taken and will continue to take actions to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus based on the guidance of the CDC. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present.
These precautions are temporary and are subject to change at any time based on the recommendations of the CDC, State of Florida and Brevard County. Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex management continues to work closely with local, state and federal experts to ensure that we are up to date on the situation as it evolves.