BUFFALO, N.Y. (April 7, 2022) – It’s Major League Baseball’s Opening Day, and Delaware North Sportservice culinary teams are ready to usher in the 2022 season with an emphasis on local flavors, products and partners.
Delaware North – which manages foodservice at 11 MLB ballparks, with eight locations also including retail operations – this week introduced new menu items at media preview events in several markets.
“The offseason gives our teams at every ballpark the opportunity to test new recipes, establish additional local partnerships and thoroughly analyze our operational footprint to find ways to improve convenience and speed of service – including through fan-facing technology solutions,” said Jamie Obletz, president of Delaware North Sportservice.
- Truist Park (Atlanta Braves): Headlining the new food offerings is The World Champions Burger, which features a half-pound Waygu beef burger on a toasted, Irish-buttered brioche bun, topped with cage-free pan-fried eggs, gold-leaf-wrapped Hudson Valley foie gras, grilled cold water lobster tail, heirloom tomato, garden-fresh bibb lettuce, Tillamook cheddar cheese and truffle aioli. Served with hand-cut parmesan waffle fries in the Coors Light Chop House.
- Food is just part of the offer with The World Champions Burger – which is paired with either a replica World Series Championship ring or a limited-edition World Series Championship Ring while supplies last. A ring-sizing professional will be onsite to custom-fit the authentic version, and the ring will be shipped directly to the purchaser’s home.
- Busch Stadium (St. Louis Cardinals): New this year is Top of the 5th, a food hall near Gate 6 and Section 189 that features ballpark favorites Top Dog and El Birdo’s Nachos and new items such as Nona’s Italian Beef Sandwich, along with an assortment of canned beer, soda, ice cream and snacks. Nona’s Italian Beef Sandwich (also available near Sections 151 and 443) comes with fresh-sliced rib-eye – topped with provolone cheese, roasted red peppers, onions and giardiniera – on a Fazio’s Bakery roll.
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards (Baltimore Orioles): The ballpark’s iconic Eutaw Street will feature the new B&O Market inside Gate A, with offerings such as the Crab Dip Pretzel (soft-baked pretzel with crab dip, Monterey jack cheese and Old Bay seasoning), Pepperoni Pretzel (soft-baked pretzel with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni), Greek Salad, Meat & Cheese Platter and Smoked Turkey Wrap.
- Petco Park (San Diego Padres): Several regional partners have been added for 2022, including San Clemente, Calif.-based Sambazon, which is bringing a variety of its organic, plant-based Acai Bowls – Berry Bliss, Amazon Superberry and Peanut Butter Power – along with Acai Margaritas (available near Section 109). Among other local partners, San Diego’s Finest Hot Chicken created a signature sandwich for Petco Park, The Hot Hen, which features seasoned crispy chicken topped with Fresno Chile Slaw, pickles and fuego sauce served on a brioche bun (available near Section 316 and featured at The Draft by Ballast Point near Section 207).
- Globe Life Field (Texas Rangers): New items include the signature Alligator Corn Dog (Alligator Andouille Sausage hand-dipped in corndog batter and fried to a golden brown at the Bullpen Grill at Section 125), along with meatless offerings such as Vegan Bratwurst (Impossible Vegan Bratwurst served on a fresh locally baked vegan roll with grilled onions at the Vegan Cart at Section 101) and Vegan Chicken Salad Sandwich (classic chicken salad sandwich – but with vegan “chicken.” Served with Terra Chips and sliced vegan bread at Sections 101 and 205).
- Great American Ball Park (Cincinnati Reds): The Reds “Red Hot” Chicken Sandwich features fried chicken breast topped with honey hot sauce, pickle chips and horseradish coleslaw on a brioche bun. Available at FryBox at Section 109 and Scouts Club. The Lookout Dog includes a Field Roast vegetarian hot dog topped with white bean buffalo dip, shredded cheddar cheese, pickled jalapenos and hot sauce. Available at Porkopolis near Section 116 and Scouts Club.
- Comerica Park (Detroit Tigers): Among several new items are the Notorious P.I.G. (smoked pulled pork topped with mac and cheese, pickled jalapeno peppers and barbecue sauce on a pretzel bun at Section 105) and unique pasty variations such as Brisket and Mac-and-Cheese Pasty, Coney Pasty, Polish Pasty and Apple Pasty (available at Shasty’s Pasties in the Miller Lite Market near Section 149).
- Target Field (Minnesota Twins): Five local restaurant and foodservice partners will make their Target Field debut in 2022, including Upcycle Foods, which will serve an Italian Grinder sandwich featuring capicola, mortadella, ham, salami and provolone cheese. The sandwich is served on a fresh-baked pretzel bun made with local brewers’ spent grains, a byproduct of the beer-brewing process. Available at Truly on Deck.
- Guaranteed Rate Field (Chicago White Sox): The Chef’s Signature Carvery Sandwiches stand will feature three new options, including the California Turkey Club, which is served on King’s Hawaiian bread with turkey, provolone cheese, bacon, avocado and lettuce with sun-dried tomato mayo. The ballpark’s craft beer selection now features 75 beers from 46 breweries, including several from the Chicago area.
New food items will be introduced next week at American Family Field and Progressive Field, home of the Milwaukee Brewers and Cleveland Guardians, respectively.