Delaware North at Grand Canyon National Park is now designated as a “Bicycle Friendly Business” by the League of American Bicyclists. The Bicycle Friendly Business program recognizes organizations for the role they play in building a more “Bicycle Friendly America” for everyone.
The bronze-level designation, which is valid through 2024, was based on the following:
- Free long-term associate bike rental program with a fleet of 41 bikes.
- Bike racks available for guests and associates at all lodging, retail and dining locations.
- Lodging proximity to the Grand Canyon National Park GreenWay trail.
- A free Grand Canyon shuttle bus that accommodates bikes.
- Annual Grand Canyon Sustainability Fair fix-it clinic sponsored by Delaware North, where bikes are the most common item brought in for repair.
- Delaware North associate incentives for riding a bike to work through the GreenPath program.
- Sale of bicycle accessories at Grand Canyon Outfitters with discounts for associates.
Delaware North, which provides food and beverage, retail and lodging, has been operating at Grand Canyon National Park since 1998.