Sportservice executive chef at Miller Park in Milwaukee provides Wisconsin-style recipes
BUFFALO, N.Y (Feb. 2, 2011) – Delaware North Companies, which serves fans at major sports venues around the world, knows how crucial a diverse food lineup is to your Super Bowl party.
So, just a few days from the big game, John DiMartini, executive chef at Milwaukee’s Miller Park for Delaware North’s Sportservice division, suggests two great dishes for your Super Bowl house party when the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers meet Sunday.
Chef DiMartini selected a Cheesy Bratwurst Casserole and a Crispy Potato Fish Fry, both of which he prepared in premium areas of the ballpark last season for Brewers fans. He figured that even with a Wisconsin team in the mix, football fans everywhere will enjoy them – regardless of which team they are pulling for.
“These are two old-time, hard-nosed football teams that have a fan base that understands and appreciates the importance of food on game day,” said DiMartini, who graduated from the Pennsylvania Institute of Culinary Arts in Pittsburgh. “Even though these are a couple of my Wisconsin recipes, I think they really fit in either household.”
Chef DiMartini’s Cheesy Bratwurst Casserole
2 pounds Bratwurst
5 each Medium-sized baking potatoes (remove skin and slice ¼ inch thick)
1 each Medium-sized onion (slice thin)
12 ounces Milk
8 ounces Light chicken broth (College Inn brand works fine)
6 ounces Heavy cream
5 cups Wisconsin cheddar cheese
½ pound Sliced mushrooms
1. Skin bratwurst, cut in bite-size pieces, fry until brown.
2. Remove and sauté mushrooms until soft.
3. Remove and pour off excess grease.
4. Grease a 9 x 12 casserole dish.
5. Begin to layer dish beginning with potatoes, mushrooms, onions, brat, and cheese; repeat process until all ingredients are used.
6. Mix the milk (add salt and pepper at this point, if desired), chicken broth and heavy cream and pour over the rest of the ingredients.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 1.5 hours.
8. Serve and enjoy.
Chef DiMartini’s Crispy Potato Fish Fry
2 each Eggs
4 tablespoons Prepared yellow mustard
¾ teaspoon Salt
3 cups Instant mashed potato flakes
1 cup Oil for frying
½ pack Ranch dressing powder mix
8 (6-ounce) Cod fillets, walleye, or perch
Dipping sauce – Zesty Chipotle Aioli:
1 cup Mayo
1 tbsp Chipotle sauce
½ lime Squeeze juice, discard lime
1 tsp Chopped cilantro
1. In a shallow dish, whisk together egg, mustard and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, mix potato flakes and ranch dressing.
3. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-to-high heat.
4. Dip fish fillets in the egg mixture. Then dip in the ranch dressing-potato flakes, making sure to coat the fish. Repeat the process for an extra crispy coating.
5. Fry the fish fillets in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden-brown.
6. Serve and enjoy with Zesty Chipotle Aioli dipping sauce and a lemon wedge on the side.
About Delaware North Companies Sportservice
Delaware North Companies Sportservice is one of the nation’s leading food, beverage and retail management companies, providing concessions, gourmet catering and fine dining operations at more than 50 professional sporting venues, entertainment complexes and convention centers across the United States and Canada. Sportservice has served an impressive collection of sporting events and clients, including the World Series, the National Hockey League and Major League Baseball’s All-Star Games, Stanley Cup Championships and the Olympic Games.
For more than 90 years, Sportservice has demonstrated that it knows what it takes to effectively develop, operate and manage multi-faceted kitchens, restaurants, suites, fine dining and retail facilities in order to meet the changing demands of today's fans. From introducing new healthy, organic food selections and creative cuisine for twists on the traditional fare, Sportservice continues to innovate and enhance the fan experience.
About Delaware North Companies
Delaware North Companies is one of the world’s leading hospitality and food service providers. Its family of companies includes Delaware North Companies Parks & Resorts, Delaware North Companies Gaming & Entertainment, Delaware North Companies Travel Hospitality Services, Delaware North Companies Sportservice, Delaware North Companies International and Delaware North Companies Boston, owner of TD Garden. Delaware North Companies is one of the largest privately held companies in the United States with revenues exceeding $2 billion annually and 50,000 associates serving half a billion customers in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. For more information, visit www.DelawareNorth.com.